Create the project
There are several ways to get your Stacks project.
Create a new project using the template
Install the package
Access Amido.Stacks.Templates package page in Nuget here.
Copy and execute the command displayed in the page (if you want to get the latest version).
For example,Run the command to install the packagedotnet new --install Amido.Stacks.Templates::0.0.92
Create a new project
Navigate to the folder where you wish to create a new project on.Run the command to create the projectdotnet new stacks-webapi -n Company.Project -d YourDomain
The above command will create a folder called
Template parameter details
- -n, --name
- Sets the project name
- Omitting it will result in the project name being the same as the folder where the command has been ran from
- -d, --domain
- Sets the name of the aggregate root object. It is also the name of the collection within CosmosDB instance.
- Sets the path to where the project is added
- Omitting the parameter will result in the creation of a new folder
Create the project by cloning GitHub repository
Clone the .NET project to your local machine from here: stacks-dotnet repository
Create the project using the Scaffolding CLI (in redevelopment)
The scaffolding CLI is being redeveloped to offer you more guided choices of Amido Stacks project flavour. Based on the answers, the ready-to-build project template will be produced.
Pros and cons of each option
- .NET Core Template
- GitHub Repository Clone
- Scaffolding CLI
- Has no dependencies.
- Enables creation of .NET Core projects in Amido Stacks Suite.
- Enables versioning and access to older versions of Stacks templates.
- Removes out the content not needed from the GitHub repository.
- Too many commands to run.